Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hayden/ birthday/ leaky tub/ Paul's new job/ home

Hayden turned 9 months old. He had his check up weighing in at a lighter-than-expected 21.06 lbs and 29 1/2 inches. He's sitting up great and eating solids great. He has 2 teeth that popped up the 2nd week of may and I've tried giving him some finger foods, but he just plays with them. Someday I suppose. He had a flu shot at his check up and now Paul has the flu.... go figure. Also it's official, Hayden's a crawler now. On June 25th he decided to get up on his knees and make his way to our laptop. He was really cute and it is about time. Now I have to pay more attention to the floor instead of the countertop. He's not all pro yet but probably by next week he will be. Sorry I haven't taken any pictures but they will come soon.

That same day (the 25th) was also my brother Jason's birthday! He's 21!! I threw together just a little small something for him. A cake, candles, and well come cheap gift from the dollar store.... it's the thought that counts right? It was fun just Paul, Hayden, Jason and I.

Well after 2+ years of having a leaky bathtub faucet (I'm talking multipul drips per second) and after nagging Paul for about a week, he called up his good buddy Jordan (who somehow know's how to do everything Paul doesn't) and today they got it fixed!!! I'm am so happy I could scream! That will seriously save us at least 10$ a month on our water bill! I'm trying to figure out how to save us money left and right, now that Paul is the only one working. I made this awesome dinner (Thank you Jen for that awesome Sweet Potatoes recipe)and I was glad that Jordan was still here for it... I feel like I owe him so much. I made him cookies too.

Paul now works at Infinia... for those non locals, its a nursing home. He likes it there a lot and enjoys the residents there. He hates how some of his coworkers don't treat the residents like they are people and ignores their call lights. I'm proud of him. There's no way I could do what he does all day. It feels nice to know we will get a check this week.

It feels nice to be home. It was fun getting to know new people up there and seeing new states. Our apartment was the 4th floor west facing one with vaulted ceilings. Sound great right? Well the view sure was, but the fact that we had an extra window high up without window treatments and no A/C wasn't great. It was so hot all the time and there was no escaping it. No way I could have lasted there all summer. It was fun while it lasted but there's no place like home.

No comments: