Thursday, July 30, 2009

couponing

I am so excited right now I just had to post this. Marie talked to me a little about coupons last week and I started looking into it to see what I could find. On Walgreens website I saw their ad had coupons for Ajax soap and Ajax cleaning powder. The soap was BOGO and the powder was 3/.99! So I got 2 bottles of soap and 3 things of powder Ajax and only spent $3!! Also on the website that Marie suggested it said wait until things are on sale to use your coupons to maximize your savings... well Bashas is having a sale 3/.99 on Beech Nut baby food and I found a $2 off of 20 coupon! Also I had $10 on my food stamps card and saved $10 with my bashas card. Making my total out of pocket spending 0.03!! (it was for the tax on the coupon or something) I can't believe this! I thought I was doing pretty well on saving by not buying the expensive brands etc... But MAN!! Also Walgreens has a coupon for soy or milk based formula (25 oz can) for 9.99!! Thats a $15 savings! I couldn't believe that when I saw it! I'm just starting to learn, but I'm already addicted!

Thank you Marie!

3 comments:

cluffgirl said...

haha, yay! It's so fun once you start and get the hang of it! It's the most exciting thing to see how much money you can save, you wonder why you never used coupons before! And it's so easy!

Ashley Marie said...

Really?? Dude, I need to be smart like you.

Elissa said...

I felt the same way when i started. Justin is actually the one who taught me, odd. How are you guys?