Friday, May 27, 2016


Ever since we left Pima I've felt like we were in limbo. Not knowing what the future held for us. Not knowing if we would stay in the Phoenix area or somewhere else in Arizona, or even another state. For 6 months we job hunted, praying that something would work out. That Heavenly Father would send us where we need to be. We've tried to be patient. That didn't always work out so well for me. I got overwhelmed a lot. But Paul and I reconnected with each other and our Heavenly Father and the Gospel. We connected with our kids. 

Tyler loves mama but he is definitely a daddy's boy! I feel like we've all grown so much these past few months, especially the kids. When we came to QC, Tyler was a lump on the floor. He soon started sitting up, crawling, cruising furniture, walking, and running. And he isn't even 1 yet. He also has 4 teeth with 2 more within a few days from popping out.

Hayden has had 3 different teachers this school year. When we got here we put him in the Charter school, and even though he understood the material, he didn't have the self discipline to do it. So we moved him to the public school over Christmas break. He still struggled for a few months but by the end he was doing well. He is reading like a champ and he is very smart and silly. He loves to talk to anyone who will listen. He especially loves playing with Tyler, and only he can make him laugh really hard!

When we were living in the GV we tried to buy a house 2 separate times and for one reason or another it ended up not working out for us. Deep down I knew it was because we needed a change, but I wasn't ready to accept it. Then when Paul lost his job, we were forced to have a change. We are so grateful for all the love and support we've had and felt through this. We knew this location was temporary, but we hoped it could become permanent. We have fallen in love with the area, the ward and have treasured the new friends! 

Our prayers and patience were answered this month as Paul interviewed for and accepted a job. After he accepted he started orientation pretty quickly after while I searched for somewhere to live. We initially thought he would have 2 weeks off between orientation and his first shift, but soon learned he starts this weekend. We prayed all week that things would fall into place with a place to live. I hunted online and was calling people all day, everyday. We drove around looking for rent signs, making appointments with apartment complexes, and checking Zillow and Craigslist daily. Finally on Wednesday I happened to check Craigslist again and saw a house for rent that had been posted just hours before. So I contacted the person and saw the house the next day. While it was at the top of our price range, the neighborhood is beautiful and it's one more bedroom than we hoped to get. We had put in an application for a 2 bed 1 bath and they said it would be 48 hours and they would get back to me, well that came and went so we went ahead and signed the lease on the 3 bedroom house and were able to get keys before we came back to QC. The other place wasn't available until mid July anyway and this house was ready now! So instead of having to get a hotel 3 times a week for a month and a half, Paul can move some stuff down tomorrow. 

We feel so blessed in all of this. I know this is where we are supposed to be. We have definitely felt Heavenly Father's hand in this! 

So here is to our next chapter. May it bring us joy. May it bring us closer. And may it help me go out of my comfort zone and make some friends!! 

Opened my fortune cookie minutes after posting this! How funny!!!

No comments: