Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thrift Store

I have been searching for size 9-12 month pj's for the longest time. The only pair I found cost $18! ha ha yeah right! like I'm going to pay that much for something that he grows out of practically when I put it on him. So the next best thing.... yard sales and thrift stores. They are used, but still good and CHEAP. So today Paul had his CPR class from 9-4 so I had plenty of time to go hunting. I found a few yard sales, but nothing with baby stuff... until I went down one street and aaaawwww.... there she be!! BABY CLOTHES. That was practically all they had! WOOO!! I rummaged through the long piles of clothing on the blanket on the ground. I found a set of PJs and a little baseball outfit that looked brand new! I also found a book that has places to put cheerios (the cars wheels, the fish bubbles...) totally made for church! Anyway... I purchased 3 outfits and 2 books for a dollar! score. On to my next stop. I went to the thrift store and what do you know.... a whole long rack filled with baby boys clothes! I found at least 10 outfits and a cute pair of church shoes (that won't fit for a while but eventually he'll wear them). I also found a dress for me (turns out it didn't fit) and at least 5 sets of pjs. and I only spent $10! oh man I love thrift stores. I wouldn't really wear anything there but for a baby, that's the way to go! I'm excited about it.

3 comments:

Cindy Clites said...

OHHHhhhh Stephanie!!!! You ARE da WOMAN!!! They are also my favorite! I LOOOOVe a good junk sale! I feel like I have accomplished so much when I am able to get something for practically nothing! That's why (hint hint!) when you get ME something...it's usually better if someone else has broken it in first!
The ultimate cheapy!
me

*Katie May* said...

That's great!!! I love great deals!!!

Reeds said...

Great deals are great! I found the cutest coat for Kira at a used kids store-I should go more often-you can always find cute stuff for way cheaper-but on the other end of it -I something at a thrift store(so it's used) for $2 and the next day I saw the exact thing at the dollar store for a $1. So ya never know-but with clothes, they are always cheaper at the thrift store. Oh by the way I am sorry about what your boss said to you about your last post. I need a haircut-so so so bad, but I don't want to go anywhere where there is no Marie and I never see Marie, so I'm contemplating pulling out the scissors myself. :)-EEEkk I better go visit Marie soon before I do something crazy. I used to cut my hair all the time but with all the time I don't have, I think my 5 minute haircut would be a disaster.